The 27th National Convention of AIDEF, the Federation of Defence Civilian Employees is going to be held at Kanpur for 4 days from 15th to 18th of November, 2022. The Conference is expected to discuss many issues including the Government decision of Corporatization of Ordnance Factories, provision of Workload to the Ordnance Factories and the withdrawal of National Pension System etc. In this regard a Press Statement issued by the AIDEF from Kanpur is published here for the benefit of the viewers of www.indianpsu.com –
After 22 years the Kanpur based AIDEF affiliated Unions of Defence Establishments of Kanpur is hosting the National Convention of All India Defence Employees Federation (AIDEF). The AIDEF was established at Kanpur during the year 1953. The Foundation Conference was held at Kanpur during the year 1953. Thereafter, Kanpur hosted the 7 th National Convention during the year 1964 and the 20 th National Convention during the year 2000.
This is the fourth time that Kanpur is hosting the National Convention of AIDEF. Late Comrade S.M. Banerjee, four time M.P. from Kanpur was the President of AIDEF from 1959 to 1987.
The AIDEF represents more than 70% of the 4 Lakhs Defence Civilian Employees working in 41 Ordnance Factories, 52 DRDO Labs, MES, DGQA, Army, Navy and Air Force. More than 600 Delegates from 436 Affiliated Unions from all over the Country will be attending the Convention which will be held from 15th November 2to 18th November.
The inaugural session of the Convention will be held at 05.00 PM on 15th November, at SAF Sports Ground Kalpi Road Kanpur. Comrade S.N. Pathak / President of AIDEF will preside the session which will be addressed by Comrade C. Srikumar / General Secretary of AIDEF, Comrade B. Guha Thakurta / Additional General Secretary. Leaders from Central Trade Unions Comrade Amarjeet Kaur / General Secretary / AITUC, Comrade Harbhajan Singh Siddhu / General Secretary / HMS and Comrade Tapan Sen / General Secretary / CITU will also address the
inaugural session. Welcomes speech will be delivered by Comrade Chhabilal Yadav Chairman Reception Committee and Comrade S.K. Sahu / Treasurer / Reception Committee will propose vote of thanks. The program will be conducted by Comrade R.K. Parashar / Convenor / Reception Committee.
The four days National Convention of AIDEF will discuss on the following important issues –
1) Government should withdraw the Corporatisation of the 41 Ordnance Factories and restore the Ordnance Factories as Government Ordnance Factories.
2) Government should provide full work load to all the 41 Ordnance Factories including the 4 Ordnance Factories under TCL Kanpur.
3) Government order should be issued for retaining the status of the Employees of Ordnance Factories as Defence Civilian Employees/ Central Government Employees till their retirement from service.
4) Scrap the No guarantee New Pension Scheme and restore the Old Pension Scheme.
5) Fill up all vacancies in Defence Establishments and provide appointment to trained Trade Apprentices.
6) Grant 100% Compassionate Appointment to the dependents of deceased Defence Civilian Employees.
7) Ensure cashless Medical treatment to the Employees, Pensioners and their Family Members in all the CGHS Empanelled Hospitals.
8) Scrap the 4 Anti Worker Labour Codes and restore the Labour Laws.
9) Stop Privatisation, outsourcing in Defence and regularise all contract and casual workers.
10) To improve the promotional prospects of Industrial Employees and Non-Industrial Employees, Chargeman and JWM etc.
11) Immediate setting up of 8 th Central Pay Commission for Central Government Employees.
12) Release the 18 months DA Arrears frozen by the government in the name of COVID 19 pandemic.
13) Full Trade Union Rights to the Defence Civilian Employees including the Employees of Military Hospitals and Training Centres.
Apart from the above other important issues of the Defence Civilian Employees also will be discussed in the meeting and decision for Nationwide agitation including indefinite Strike is expected to be taken.
The Reception Committee consisting of Comrades Chhabilal Yadav, R.K. Parashar, S.K. Sahu, Saurabh Chauhan, Jamaluddin, P.K. Chaterjee, Santosh Mishra, J.K. Yadav Presidents and General Secretaries of all the Kanpur Defence AIDEF Unions are making all arrangements for the success of the Convention.