Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) organised a webinar on “Facilitating Credit through Guarantee” on June 23, 2023. This virtual event was aimed to explore the vital role of credit guarantees in promoting economic growth, fostering entrepreneurship, and facilitating access to finance for businesses.
The webinar was attended by 300+ participants including bankers, MSE entrepreneurs, industry associations etc. The webinar brought together a diverse group of participants, including policymakers, government representatives, financial institutions, development organizations, and entrepreneurs. Eminent speakers from the Financial Sector shared their knowledge and experiences related to credit guarantee and various aspects / trends of credit guarantee.
The webinar shed light on expectations of SME Sector and usage of Digital Public Infrastructure to tackle the problem of information asymmetry.
One of the keynote speakers at the event opined that, “By providing lenders with the necessary reassurance/ credit guarantee will enable businesses to access the credit they need, to grow, innovate, and contribute to job creation”. Shri Varma, CEO CGTMSE mentioned that Credit guarantees plays a pivotal role in fostering economic development by facilitating the financing gap faced by SMEs and startups”.
Participants had the opportunity to engage in interactive discussions and gain a comprehensive understanding about credit guarantee.
The webinar received overwhelming positive feedback from the participants, who expressed their gratitude for the informative sessions, networking opportunities, and the chance to exchange ideas with industry experts.
Areas covered during the Webinar
- Ring fencing of Guarantee Mechanism
- Collateral vs Guarantee: Better Option
- Expectations of SME Sector from Guarantee Mechanism
- Guarantee as a credit enhancement tool and
- Role of CGTMSE in credit dissemination and its future outlook
- Prof. Praloy Majumder, Faculty Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, Calcutta and Founder & CEO, Disseminare Consulting
- Mr. Chandrakant Salunkhe, Founder and President, SME Chamber of India and Federation of Indian SME Associations
- Mr. Dhanish Kothari, Strategy Head – Commercial and Rural Banking Group, HDFC Bank
- Mr. Anjani Kumar Srivastava, General Manager, Regional Head, Pune Region, SIDBI
- Mr. Sandeep Varma, CEO, CGTMSE