Post Corporatization of 41 Ordnance Factories on the one side the Federations have challenged the Government decision of corporatizing the Ordnance Factories in the High Court and on the other side they are fighting to settle the various issues which have cropped up on the service matters of the 75 thousand employees after corporatizing the Ordnance Factories.
www.indianpsu.com is regularly reporting all these developments to our viewers. The latest development is that the IOFS Officers Association (IOFSOA) have also now joined hands with the Federations (AIDEF, BPMS and CDRA). They had a virtual meeting on the 6th of this month and all the four Organizations had unanimously decided that the employees who are on deemed deputation to the 7 Corporations will continue to be Central Government Employees / Defence Civilian Employees till their retirement.
They have pointed out the example of Prasar Bharti where hat the employees of erstwhile All India Radio and Doordarshan are permitted to continue as Government Employees in the Prasar Bharti Corporation till their retirement. In this regard they have issued a joint statement and have also written a Letter to Rajnath Singh the Defence Minister. www.indianpsu.com accessed a copy of the joint Letter submitted by AIDEF, BPMS, CDRA and IOFSOA in the name of UNITED FORUM OF ORDNANCE EMPLOYEES (UFOE).
The contents of Letter dated 08.03.2022 is published herewith for the benefit of our viewers.
UNITED FORUM OF ORDNANCE EMPLOYEES (UFOE)
[A United forum of AIDEF, BPMS, CDRA and IOFSOA to safeguard Services]
No. 01/meet/Coord/2022 Date : 07th March 2022
A meeting of representative(s) from AIDEF, BPMS, CDRA and IOFSOA has been convened on 06th March 2022 through Video Conference. The following office bearers of respective Federations/Associations participated in the above said meeting-
1) Shri S. N. Pathak, President, AIDEF
2) Shri C. Srikumar, General Secretary, AIDEF
3) Shri Sadhu Singh, Vice President, BPMS
4) Shri Mukesh Singh, General Secretary, BPMS
5) Shri S. B. Chaubey, Senior Vice President, CDRA
6) Shri Ajay, Additional General Secretary, CDRA
7) Shri Prem Prakash, Member, GB, IOFSOA
After due deliberations, it has been unanimously resolved that to safeguard the service conditions and issues related thereto, a united entity/forum would be constituted. The forum would be named as- “United Forum of Ordnance Employees” in short “UFOE”.
At present, the following Federations/Association would be the constituent of the aforesaid entity. The decision with regard to further broaden the ambit of the forum and include other federations/associations would be taken in due course. A coordination committee, with two representatives from each of its constituent federations/associations, would be constituted immediately.
The coordination committee will decide its process of consultation and method of decision making. As the first step, it has been unanimously decided to submit common basic demand of employees of Ordnance factories before the Government of India for consideration. The common basic demand is enumerated below-
1) That All the employees of Ordnance Factories as on 01/10 2021 would remain as Government employees.
2) That salary, allowances and pension etc should be paid for all the Government employees from Consolidated Fund of India (CFI).
3) The pension contribution of employer in case of all the Government employees covered under New Pension Scheme(NPS) is to be paid from CFI and not from any other fund.
4) The promotion prospects/career progression and all other facilities/service conditions etc., of all the Government employees of Ordnance factories has to remain the same as it was available on 01/10/2021, till the retirement of last of the government employee of the Ordnance Factories.
The above decisions are without prejudice to the various court cases filed by different organisations challenging the Government decision of corporatisation of Ordnance factories. It was also decided that the Coordination Committee would formally meet once in a month. Emergency meeting can be called by any constituent of the forum at any time by giving one day’s notice. The meeting ended with resolve that all its constituent members would work tirelessly to save that which is legitimately and justifiably ours’.