The third day session of the 27 National Convention of AIDEF is continuing with discussion on the General Secretary Report.
The Delegates are discussing mainly on the following issues :
1) Withdraw the unilateral decision of corporatizing the Ordnance Factories taken by the BJP Government.
2) To provide full workload to all the 41 Ordnance Factories.
3) To issue Government Orders for retaining the status of Ordnance Factory Employees as Central Government Employees.
4) To scrap the New Pension System (NPS) and restore Old Pension Scheme to the Central Government Employees.
5) Stop all types of outsourcing, privatization in all the Defence Establishments including MES.
6) Fill up all the posts lying vacant in the Defence Establishments and to provide job opportunity for the trained trade apprentices.
7) Compassionate ground appointment should be given 100% to the dependents of deceased Government employees at par with the Railways.
8) Grand Trade Union rights to all the Defence Civilian Employees including Chargeman, Office Superintendent and the employees working in Military Hospitals, Training Centers etc.
9) All CGHS related medical treatment issues in empanelled private hospitals should be solved and all employees and pensioners should be guaranteed for cashless treatment in all the CGHS empanelled Hospitals.
10) Opening up of CGHS Wellness Center in all the Districts of every State.
11) Revision of the promotional ratio for Industrial Employees.
12) Improvement of the promotional prospects of all the non Industrial Employees.
13) Grant of Dress Allowance to the Industrial Employees of Defence Establishments.
14) Grant of Night Duty Allowance to the Defence Civilian Employees without any Basic Pay ceiling limits.
15) Settlement of the demands of the employees of DRDO, Navy, Air Force, DGQA, DGAQA, EME, MES and AOC.
16) To ensure effective functioning of the Departmental Council (JCM) and also the Additional Meeting Mechanism of the Ministry of Defence.
17) Immediate implementation of the settlement reached in the presence of Chief Labour Commission (Central) for setting up of Industrial Relations / Productivity Council in the 7 Ordnance Factory Corporations.
Future agitation and action programme
All the Delegates who participated in the discussion are of the firm view that despite the best efforts taken by All India Defence Employees’ Federation (AIDEF), the Government is not coming forward to settle the genuine issues of th the Defence Civilian Employees. Therefore, the 27 National Convention of AIDEF should take a firm decision to commence a nationwide agitation throughout the year in 2023 in all the Defence Establishments including a strike action. A final decision will be taken in the last day of the National Convention tomorrow i.e. 18.11.2022.