With the convenience of #DigitalBanking, comes the threat of #CyberCrimes. In the wake of a rising number of bank frauds, Bank of Baroda (Bank), one of India’s leading public sector banks, is observing the Cyber Jagrookta Diwas to educate the public to stay aware and stay cyber safe. The Bank has initiated a digital and social media customer awareness and education campaign that underlines how people can combat banking frauds and protect their hard-earned money.
On Cyber Jagrookta Diwas, the Bank took the initiative to educate its customers and the public by launching an Awareness Campaign under the banner, #PehchaanCon. The aim is to ultimately enable all of us to #PehchaanCon.
The campaign aims to spread awareness on the various fraudulent practices adopted by fraudsters and provides tips to safeguard against such malpractices. This includes:
- Do not click on an unverified UPI link.
- Do not share your OTP, ATM PIN, or UPI PIN with anyone.
- Do not fall for tempting offers on social media.
- Enter sensitive data on secure websites i.e., the website must begin with ‘https://’ with an icon of a closed lock.
- Do not download any applications, attachments, or software from unknown and untrusted links.